-Dallin has been reading a lot. He hasn't done a whole lot else. He is joining an LDS and academics discussion group with some of the other LDS PhD students here. There are actually LOTS of BYU grads here. Enough acronyms for you?
-I joined a yoga class (they have one at the community center through our apartment) and a book club with a lot of the other PhD wives.
-Dorothy likes to play on the playground where she has a crush on a four-year-old named Jack. The chorus around our house has been "Silly Jack. SOOOOO funny. Nice. Friend. LOVE Jack..." You get the idea.
-I am going to start babysitting the baby of one of Dallin's classmates. He's a really cute 7 month old boy. It's just 4 hours per day, not hard. It'll help fund my sewing, book-buying and shoe lovin' habit.
-We joined a food Co-op that gets dairy, meat, honey and eggs from a local Amish farm. A bunch of us in our complex take turns driving to go pick it up at the farm. It is SOOO good. We've been scraping the cream off of the top of the milk and making butter. Can it get any better than that? Also, they have a year-round farmer's market open most of the week. I think I'm in food heaven.
-I've been painting furniture and picture frames, sewing throw pillows and storage containers, recovering lamp shades and chairs. I'm still going through with some of my decorating ideas, and I'm waiting until it's mostly done to post pictures of our place. Are you excited, blogosphere?
Dorothy in Colorado this summer. Just because. I don't like doing posts without pictures, so here's a random one for you. : )
Overall, we are happy and doing really really well. We miss you, wonderful friends and family, and hope that all is well for you!
4 comments:
Sounds like you guys have a great community there! It sounds so fun to get produce and dairy from an Amish farm! I am sure it's delicious. Can't wait to see pictures of your new place.
That sounds wonderful! And cute picture of Dorothy in the field. That's so sweet.
Wow, now Dallin is exploiting the Amish. I am ashamed.
Sooo jealous of the Amish food! I just finished reading "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle" and thought of you the whole time, Janelle. It sounds like you guys are doing great!
Post a Comment