They had one big field with goats, chickens, cows, pigs, and rabbits all living together, and we got to walk around and pet them all. Of course right when we entered the field, we started a parade of animals behind us. "New Smells! Maybe they have food!" That's what I imagine the animals were thinking.
Dorothy clung to me. The animals were not shy, and I think that scared her a little bit. The goats were okay, but as soon as one started trying to eat her dress, she lost it. There was one big brown cow in particular that must have thought we smelled amazing, because she followed us through the whole field with her nose to my back, smelling me and Dorothy. Now when we ask Dorothy what a cow says, instead of Mooing, she makes big, pronounced sniffing noises. Hey, it makes sense.
I set Dorothy down for a few minutes to look at the chickens without thoroughly checking her surroundings, and she stepped in... yep, a very fresh cow pie. Which actually didn't smell too bad, I noted as I cleaned off her feet. Dorothy thought that part of our adventure was pretty funny. "Eeeeew, big poop! Big poop shoes!!!!"
I don't mean to sounds too pessimistic, it was still a fun adventure. I think Dorothy liked it, especially because she keeps talking about it. I think she was just a little freaked out by the size of farm animals in real life. A bit of a shocker compared to the YouTube videos she's used to.
4 comments:
Hey Janelle
I totally blalked (blog stalked) you. I figured it would be okay since we talked about our blogs the other day.
Hope you guys have a great day!
Melissa (and Mike)
PS- Sorry about the cow poop shoes. =D
Reminds me of the kids who love the disney princesses, mickey mouse, etc., but then are terrified of them at Disneyland. The co-op thing sounds so cool!
Oh, and it's time to update your "About Us" paragraph...It says that you're still in Provo, Utah. No wonder Dorothy is confused!
Ha ha! Good point, VaLene. I'm not sure if I know how to do that, I'll ask Dallin...
Post a Comment