Sunday, November 14, 2010

Yay for Grandma! And also, this has gotten ridiculous. And also, TOMORROW!!!

Dorothy and I have been having the time of our life this week. I think that Grandma Lewis has cumulatively spent over 2 hours pushing her on the swings, something like 5 hours reading her books, countless hours being meowed at by "Dorothy Kitty", and who-knows-how-long cleaning. I swear, I leave the room for five minutes, and when I come back, something is dramatically cleaner. I took Dorothy outside for a little bit the other day, and when I came back, all of my laundry was folded. Whoa. She's good.

We love Grandma.

At the duck pond.


Walking up to campus.

Saturday was my 38 week mark. It's funny, every time I saw my doctor or made a new appointment, either the Dr, the nurse, or the secretary would say "Well, we won't see you again, but may as well make an appointment just in case." Stiiiiiiill pregnant. This has gotten to be ridiculous. I have had lots and lots and LOTS of contractions that haven't hurt enough or lasted long enough to go to the hospital. They'll be as close as two minutes apart for an hour or two (but still not be really painful), and then stop.

38+ weeks.
Which means, I'm getting induced tomorrow. 6:30 AM, though they won't break my water for a few hours after that. They think they'll start me on Pitocin right when I get in. I'll warn them that with Dorothy, I wasn't even close to dilated this much, and from the time they started the Pit and broke my water, she was in our arms 6 hours later. And Dorothy was bigger. I'm guessing that this won't take very long.

Dallin will post pictures on our blog after the fact, so if you want updates, check here tomorrow afternoon.

Woo hoo! Soon there will be a few more of us in a family picture. See you tomorrow!

8 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh my gosh, how exciting! And how crazy that you've carried twins this long! Good luck with everything! Can't wait for pictures!

Crismon and Vivienne Lewis said...

Thanks, Janelle. It's been so fun to be here this week, and this next week is going to be even MORE exciting! Love you! And may I add, you're AMAZING!

Rebe said...

Good luck tomorrow! Hope things go quickly for you. Can't wait to see pictures.

Sharon McKee said...

AAAAAA!!!! I can't wait!!!! WAHOOOOO!!!

Aunt Viv said...

Good luck tomorrow!!! Can't wait for the update!!

Alice-Anne said...

you've got some stubborn kids in there! We'll look forward to news tomorrow. Nov 15th is a good day for a birthday. Hope it all goes well!

Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK!!! YAY for babies!!

Unknown said...

I'm going to be an aunt of twin girls tomorrow!!!! Go fight win janelle!!!!!