We've been making a more concerted effort to have scripture study with Dorothy. It ends up being a five minute show of fantastic theatrics to keep her attention. If somebody were to film it, I would be thoroughly embarrassed.
Today, we were talking about Jesus. Dorothy piped in,
"Daddy, I went to church and I was crying. I was crying because I want my Mom, and 'cuz, 'cuz, 'cuz... Jesus hit me on the head. That's not very nice."
Barely suppressed laughter.
Us- "Jesus hit you on the head?"
"Yes, and that's not very nice, huh. Jesus hit me on the head with his shoe. And Brooks hit me on the head with his shoe."
We think that after all our efforts, Dorothy is confusing Jesus with her friend Brooks. Or at least we'll give Jesus the benefit of the doubt and assume that it wasn't him who hit Dorothy on the head.
3 comments:
HAHAHAHA. You know, now that you mention it, Brooks does look a lot like Jesus. Hmm.
That was the perfect way to start the day. A good laugh. In lots of paintings, Jesus doesn't even have shoes, so it couldn't have been him.
Haha! She talks so much now. What a funny story.
Post a Comment