Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

I had the most wonderful Mother's Day, thanks to Dallin.

Truth be told, I really really like cooking, most likely because I really like eating. He offered repeatedly to make me dinner, but I wanted to try out a new recipe. So, he let me cook and he did all the clean-up. I was pretty happy with the arrangement. : )
We had salmon meuniere with browned butter and lemon sauce (what? salmon manure?...) Sounds snobby but it's actually really easy, and SO yummy. Didn't it turn out pretty?!!


I have a confession to make. I really love Twilight. I'm embarrassed to own that sometimes because it seems like such a stereotype that someone like me WOULD love Twilight. And let's be honest, they're not the most well written or thought provoking books. But it is SO fun to get sucked into that romantic, fantastical other world for a couple of hours. Like my sister-in-law says, they're candy reading. Dallin got me the two-disc special edition copy of Twilight for Mother's Day!!!! I was so happy. Dallin's friends, pay attention to this part- he WATCHED TWILIGHT WITH ME!!!! (you can tease him later)
Dallin was so sneaky. He usually rides his bike to campus, and he didn't want to alert me that he was getting me something, but he had a coupon to Border's, and really wanted to get it there. So, he rode his bike all the way to the Riverwoods before going to work. Riverwoods! That's like a good ten minute drive. To you normal commuters, that may not sound that cool, but I was impressed.


I didn't change one poopy diaper all day, or clean up one major mess. That was probably the best present of all. What a good daddy.

4 comments:

Alice-Anne said...

Janelle, I'm glad you had such a good Mom's day! You deserve it. Good job, Dallin. I am impressed with that bike ride!

Anonymous said...

That IS a long bike ride! That was so sweet.

Dorothy reminds me of Elise in that picture. Do you see it at all?

Rebe said...

I am so happy that you love Twilight too. I think that I'm becoming slightly obsessed. I love being pulled into such a romantic story! No need to be ashamed of loving it! I made Tyler watch the movie with me and he HATED it! Oh well...
I am glad you guys are doing well.

cathy said...

Oh yes - glad my baby had a great mother's day. One of the best mother's day gifts also is to see your baby girl a happy mother! ( with a great husband - and ever so cute daughter) You deserved it -

and 3 cheers for nursery leaders