Friday, June 26, 2009

DON'T let them eat cake!



This is the top tier of our wedding cake. You know how you're supposed to eat a piece of it on your one year anniversary? We didn't. It stayed in the freezer.

On our second anniversary, it failed to appear again.

Around our third anniversary, I was cleaning out our fridge and cupboards, and found this baby stashed behind the frozen OJ.
Hmmm, what's more important? Good luck and superstition, especially around something as important as your eternal marriage? Or the risk I'd take eating 3-year-old egg and dairy?

I threw it away. I feel it was a wise decision. Keep your fingers crossed, knock on wood, don't step on the sidewalk cracks, whatever you have to do so that our marriage will make it. We need all the help we can get after ignoring such an important, monumental right of passage in our marriage. : )

3 comments:

Nicole said...

We threw ours away too. It never got touched. Oh well. I seriously want to see you guys at least ONCE before you move!! I can't believe you guys are going so far away, but I'm happy for your family and what's in store for you. Call me sometime!

Nicole said...

We threw ours away too. It never got touched. Oh well. I seriously want to see you guys at least ONCE before you move!! I can't believe you guys are going so far away, but I'm happy for your family and what's in store for you. Call me sometime!

lindsey said...

not to worry cuz- i heard that was a myth anyways.. you're really supposed to eat it no longer than 6 months after.... I think you guys will make it ok ;)