Friday, April 17, 2009

Baby Evelyn and Update

We just had the pleasure of having Miss Evelyn over yesterday while Bryan and Meredith went out for a bit. I think this is the best entertainment that Dorothy has ever had! Evelyn must have seemed to Dorothy like a big doll, because she had the time of her life.

She spent nearly 10 minutes rearranging Evelyn's blankets. She'd fluff it and lay it down, then look unsatisfied with her work and do it again. (Usually, when she was happiest about it, it was completely covering Evelyn's face.)




Dorothy- "Baby! Baby! Baby! Hi! Hi! Hi!"
Evelyn- "Strange, strange people in this house."


Dorothy absolutely insisted that Evelyn put on her shoes. I helped a little, mostly so that we wouldn't be returning Evelyn to her parents with her feet amputated.


What a good, sweet, mellow baby! She handled the whole dress-up and blanket-rearranging experience with grace and poise.


Update-
Turns out Dorothy is NOT lactose intolerant. Thank goodness. She just has a milk allergy, which I know sounds like the same thing, but milk allergies in toddlers are often not permanent. I hear that this is not uncommon for toddlers switching from breastmilk. She is at half and half nut milks and a very mild dairy based formula in her bottles, and doing just fine. Thank you all for your concern and especially Rebe for your comment- you were spot on.

1 comment:

Meredith Williams said...

Oh my goodness, those pictures are hilarious. I wish we could have seen it all happen! Dorothy will be such a good BIG SISTER!!(wink, wink! jk)