Kensington Palace was cool. It was a very different museum experience from ones we'd had before. It was most famously home to Queen Victoria. I think the rooms devoted to her story were my favorite. I'd recently seen "The Young Victoria" which made wandering around her rooms especially interesting.
There were also rooms with dresses that Queen Elizabeth, Princess Margaret, and Princess Diana had worn. There is a completely separate wing where the Queen was staying, and the day after we were there, William and Kate brought George to the Palace to meet the queen.
We took pictures of Queen Victoria's doll house and dolls for the girls. The details were incredible.
Sitting in Hyde park eating lunch. Little did we know, you have to pay to sit on these chairs. See the park attendant coming? We moved our lunch to under a tree. There were these cool trees where the branches reach all the way down to the ground almost like a weeping willow.
Ma' shoes. They carried me so many places.
After lunch, we walked around the city a bit, went into the national portrait gallery and the Victoria and Albert museum, and attempted to get tickets to Book of Mormon musical. They do a drawing every day, so we entered and waited to no avail. Alas!
But walking back, we passed Five Guys--a newcomer to London. It wasn't even dinner time and the line wrapped around the block! Come on London, there are so many cooler places to eat.
This is the day we went to our favorite restaurant of the trip-- Dishoom in Downtown London. It was SO SO good. I took a menu so I can try to recreate some of the food.
Bless you if you are actually reading through all of these trip posts. I swear I will finish one of these days.
1 comment:
I am so jealous but so happy you got to go! It sounds wonderful!
Post a Comment