Monday, May 23, 2011

Snapshots of the week

My favorite picture of the week-- Norah sucking on the plate.

Dorothy eating pizza. We've started making homemade pizza on the night of family home evening, usually Wednesdays. It's been fun, a way to make the day a little more distinct for Dorothy.

Ruby. Don't you love how the most mundane things are interesting to a baby?

Norah doing puzzles. Actually, not doing puzzles. Just looking at the bright colors and grabbing at pieces.

Dorothy decided that this kitchen cabinet is her babies' home (Grill's baby sisters).

Aw, the pride.

Some Dorothy photog. Dallin is holding Norah.

Ruby on my lap.


Other stuff:

Dorothy has seen the movie "Beauty and the Beast" twice, and she is OBSESSED. She sings the songs all day and pretends she's Belle and recounts the whole story to unsuspecting neighbors on the playground, including a graphic description of how Beast turns into a Prince and this happens because light shoots out of his feet and fingers.
Dallin bought her the sound track. Thank you, darling. Anyway, it reminded me how little kids don't catch onto irony. There's a part where Gaston says that Belle is "the most beautiful girl in town. That makes her the best!" I asked Dorothy if she thought he was right.
"Yes!" She replied emphatically. It took a lot of discussion to change her mind. It serves as a reminder of how impressionable young minds are.

We've been checking Dorothy for ticks every night. Supposedly, it's never been a problem here before, but neighbors all over our apartment complex are finding ticks on their kids after they've played outside. Bleh. Dorothy thinks it's a hilarious bedtime game. I have had this country song that I heard in high school stuck in my head ALL week. The lyrics talk about how the singer wants to "run with you in fields of wildflowers... and I want to check you for ticks." Or something like that. It keeps making me chuckle, and it won't leave my brain. Like the Rebecca BLack "Friday" song. If you haven't heard it, don't look for it or listen to it. You're welcome.

The babies like to roll...but they can't roll from their stomach back onto their backs. They'll be playing happily or falling asleep in their cribs when I hear muffled wails only to find they're stranded face down, like a beetle stuck on it's back. Silly babies. I hope they figure it out soon.

3 comments:

Ondalynn said...

Isaac's the same way. He loves rolling, but he hates it when he ends up on his tummy. I love the plate in the mouth photo! I'm amazed you can eat, hold a baby, and take pics at the same time! Your kids are so cute.

cathy said...

yeah - love the pictures and the stories. Such a cute family -

Unknown said...

I have loved catching up on your blog. The pictures are adorable!!! You're a great writer, Janelle. Fun to read! I can't take Emily's gmail off this comment, but it's me, Mom Lewis. Love to all.