Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Happy Birthday Dear Squishies

The Squishies are FOUR MONTHS OLD. Whoa.
We decided to have a party.

Complete with presents. Taggies toys! I was trying to copy the ones they sell at Nordstrom for gazilliones of dollars. Ever notice how babies want to just play with the tags on things? Enter taggies. I lurve 'em.


We had cupcakes and blew out candles. And when I say "we" blew out candles, what I mean is Dorothy blew out candles.
Ruby below.


Norah


Annnnnd... portraits!
Ruby has been having a hard time with picture taking lately. We just can't seem to time it right. Look at that face. Like, seriously Mom! Enough already!


And here she is just bored.


Norah on the other hand had to think deeply about whether or not she would like her picture taken.


Then she graced us with a winning smile. Just in time for me to try out the ultra bright flash, but oh well.


By way of an update, they're playing with toys and learning to use their hands. It's so funny to watch their amazed faces when they realize that Yes! I CAN reach for that and I can hold it! and even put it in my mouth! Oh joy!
Ruby is so so so close to rolling all the way over. She just can't quite figure out what to do with that arm that gets stuck underneath your body. Norah is taking her time a little more, but she's starting to roll up onto her side a little bit.
Sleep hasn't been our high point the last few weeks. They've gone back to waking up every three hours at night for a snack (!!!!!!!!). That "snack" for two babies+ two diaper changes= about 45 minutes to an hour. Every three hours. At night. That means no more than two-ish hours of sleep in a row most of the time. Yes, mama is sleepy. And dad too. Luckily, I think that is finally starting to stretch out again. The last two nights they've done four hour stretches.
Sorry to bore you with their sleep habits, but hey, it's a huge part of my life.

We're doing well! We love you dear family and friends!

Happy birthday squishies!!!!!

1 comment:

Aunt Viv said...

I hope they start to sleep longer for you!