Like father, like daughter. Never miss an opportunity to read, that's what I always say.
Dorothy's graduation from diapers is going really, really well. To be honest, I'm a little bit unrighteously proud of it, which is silly because I frankly did nothing to reach this stage (unless you count buying a toilet seat and Elmo panties ). It's all been Dorothy and her independent nature. She makes being a parent easy.
That being said, I think our nursery leaders deserve some cookies or dinner or something. Dorothy had an accident in nursery (she hadn't had an accident in about a week , but of course nursery is the optimal time for such things). Any accident is bad enough with seven little kids to look after at the same time. But that's not all. Immediately after that little puddle appeared on the floor, one of Dorothy's little friends decided that it would be a great idea to roll in the mysterious puddle. So, here is triple-car collision they're facing-- wet Dorothy, wet little friend, and wet carpet. Two leaders. Seven kids. Yikes. They handled it with extreme grace, poise and good humor.
Good guys.
3 comments:
Aww, the daunting task of potty training. A lot of our friends here in UT are going through that and I have no desire to ever go through that. Good job being so good at it my darling!! I miss you Nels! Oh, and looking through your Disneyland pictures, I couldn't believe how grown up your step-brothers are. Holy wow!!! Miss you!
This just made my day!!! The only thing that would make that picture even more perfect and complete is if she was reading Calvin and Hobbes on the toilet!!
what a funny story...nursery leaders really deserve a trophy or something....glad she continues to do well with potty training and here's to hoping she never has a major setback! :)
Post a Comment