Here's an update on Dorothy's skillz:
She can walk all by herself. Still not totally confident about it, but she can do it. It seems like after we go to church, she gets more and more gutsy because she sees the other little kids walking.
She can say Dad, ducks, dogs, tickle, and "what's that?"
We went to Dorothy's one year old check up last week where, guess what, she had to get more shots. Immunizations are really hard for me. I know that in the long run it's what is best for her, but I still have a very hard time doing it. The first shots she got, I cried about as much as she did. My crying has gotten steadily less with each round of shots, but hers has to, so I think we're tied still. This last time was particularly tragic. They gave her the shots, I held her afterward until she stopped crying, then I set her down so that I could put on my coat, grab my purse, etc. While I had my back turned getting my coat, she bee lined to one of the cabinets in the doctors office. Without missing a beat, she opened it and slammed it shut on her fingers. You can imagine what happened next, it was a tragic day indeed. I know it isn't generally good to eat your feelings, but we bought some Oreos on the way home to make us both feel better.
1 comment:
I've discovered how hard shots are too. It was weird for me when I handled it worse than the baby did. He cried for just a little bit and then was fine. I was still like, "oh, my poor baby!" even though he was fine the rest of the day.
Post a Comment