Wednesday, December 4, 2013

European Tour Part 8- Even More Paris!

Paris. 
 While we were in Shakespeare and Company, a guy proposed and it was a big ordeal with people filming and music playing. I was so engrossed with what I was reading that I wandered in and out of the background of the video their friend was taking and almost bumped into them. Ba ha!
 The fountain outside Shakespeare and Company bookstore. It's in the movie Before Sunrise!


Dallin was the map man this trip. When I had the map, it would take me 2 minutes to orient myself, another one minute to locate where we were going, then another 3 minutes to figure out which way that meant we should actually go. I'm exaggerating, but it was pretty bad. Dallin could take one look at the map, point, and say "Go that way." and he'd be right.



 Some sights.


Luxembourg Gardens.





Picnic in front of the Eiffel Tower! We bought macaroons from the Laduree, and on the way we were caught in a rainstorm. The macaroons were squished after being shoved in my back pack, which is a little sad because they are so fancy, but they still tasted delicious. We got salted caramel, strawberry, lavender, and vanilla bean. Salted caramel won, hands down. But lavender got points for coolness.





We toured the catacombs one morning. Highly recommend.





Not to be too death focused or anything, but another afternoon we rode our bikes to this beautiful old cemetery. It was breathtaking, and we both felt very reverent and solemn walking around.




Dinner time! This was almost every single meal our whole trip. Our apartment was so close to everything that we could zip home and eat if we felt like it.

These were the souvenirs I bought to bring home to all the lovely people who help take care of my babies. Bless you all.
This was by far my favorite stretch of the trip. My favorite part of this whole thing was hanging out with Dallin for an extended period of time by ourselves. It was refreshing to realize after 7 years of being married that we still really like spending time together and we have so much to talk about, so many things that have nothing to do with school or groceries or budgets or how awesome/frustrating/funny our kids are. We could just hang out and enjoy each other's company, and it was fantastic. 

And that concludes the European Tour posts.

A huge thank you to Anna, who let us stay in her flat our entire time in London (I know, right?!!!) and our kids' grandparents. Without you all, this never would have happened. Thank you!

1 comment:

Melissa @ Bookmark Dragon said...

Oh man, everything just looks so fabulous. Especially the macaroons from the Laduree... I am dripping with jealousy over here that you got to eat those. What a wonderful vacation!