Friday, May 4, 2012

Dorothy draws "The Little House"

(From Dallin) As some of you might know, Janelle took a mom-cation to Denver a few weeks ago to see her college roommate, Ashley. So I had the kids, one-on-three, from Thursday until Monday. We had a lot of fun and a lot of less-fun. While the babies napped one morning, Dorothy and I got to reading "The Little House, and she thought it would be fun to draw the story as we went. So here she is, coloring it on the window.
Drawing the house
In case you've lived under a rock your whole life and don't know this book.



This was either the spring or summer season.


Fall!

Here, the house is in the city (Dorothy redrew the house multiple times)
Dorothy explaining the mural to me
I think she's pointing to the subway that gets built under the house


5 comments:

Meredith Williams said...

What a natural artist! I can't believe you manned the house by yourself for that long! You're a good man, dallin.
And janelle, you totally deserved!!

Ondalynn said...

She is so creative! And what a great husband to let your wife go and leave you 3 on 1. Glad you survived to tell about it :)

Alice-Anne said...

so cute...I guess I've never thought about letting kids color on the windows. Glad you survived!

Aunt Viv said...

Dorothy is a natural artist. I love how you captured the last picture of her looking at the window.

Crismon and Vivienne Lewis said...

What a good Daddy to let her draw all over the window. And what a great husband to let Janelle get that much needed break. Proud of you for holding things down.