Sunday, June 5, 2011

Some things in the House of Lewis

-The babies cut THE SAME tooth on THE SAME DAY. Weeeeeeeird. And I would notice too because they like to gnaw on my fingers (and nipples sometimes, but I don't want to talk about that). For the record, it was Friday, May 27.

-While Dallin is at school, if we need to communicate we'll usually email each other. Last week while he was on campus, we were debating if we should invite friends over for dinner. I finally responded that, no, this wasn't a good night. Our apartment was messy and I hadn't started getting any dinner ready.

What he thought I was saying in my email: BAH! I am going crazy! Life is chaos! COME HOME AND SAVE ME FROM YOUR CHILDREN!

What actually happened: The house was a mess because the kids and I had spent all morning enjoying the lovely weather outside. Then, when the babies took a nap, Dorothy magically took a nap too (it has happened a grand total of 3 times now in these babies' lives that three of my children have been asleep at the same time during the day, yes I keep track). I could NOT ruin this wonderful moment by making the noise that comes with cleaning/cooking, so I decided that the best course of action was to read and lay around doing nothing during this bless-ed time. So, there you go. Messy apartment, no start on dinner, but BLISS.

Being the wonderful husband he is, he jumped on his bike and came home right away. Never mind that he ran into a massive rainstorm on his way.

Do you see the mess? (and the baby feet?)

When he came through the door looking like this, I doubled over laughing and said, "WHY didn't you wait out the storm like a sane human being?" He explained. We laughed. I took a picture. Pity the man, he did not want his picture taken.
PS- Our five year anniversary was this week. We still like each other. That's a good way to be, eh?

-The babies have gotten more mobile. They've learned to rotate and roll toward things they want. While I'm excited for them to be mobile, it will completely throw off the system I've got going here. Eeps.
Here, Norah has scooted her way to an old cereal bowl.
Oh joy of joys. She had so much fun gnawing on that bowl.

-We took a trip to Shipshewana, an Amish town about an hour from us that has a famous flea market. Turns out the flea market is a lot of junk imported from China (but some awesome kettle corn). Bummer. But there is a fantastic bulk foods store where we stocked up on dry goods. Lentils, beans, wheat, oh my! I feel so domestic. Which, of course, meant that right when we got home I had to reorganize our kitchen. I'm so proud of it, I took pictures. Maybe I'll post them. I'm trying to decide if that's too dorky.

Dorothy was thrilled on the drive.

7 comments:

Baby Liam said...

This was a fantastic blog post. I loved every bit of it.

cathy said...

Oh yes - that is the best picture of Mr Wonderful. Janelle - what a guy - but you know that. Great picture of Nora too. Love you guys.

Liz Johnson said...

Awww, poor Dallin, HAHAHAHAHAHA. That picture makes me laugh so hard. What a nice husband, though... but he made dinner, right? :)

Meredith Williams said...

So on JUne 1st I remembered the next day was your 5th year anniversary and reminded myself to write you guys that day.......and I totally forgot. HAPPY 5th year! Hope you got to do something super fun!

Alice-Anne said...

I was thinking of you guys on the 2nd, too and remembering your wedding when Kenna wasn't even 1...wow! Happy 5th! Dallin, that picture should be framed in your house with "Husband of the Year" written underneath. What a great story! Your girls are growing up so fast...LOVE their chubbiness. But, Janelle, I know you do, too. :)

Crismon and Vivienne Lewis said...

Dallin knew that Father's Day was coming up and he was there to save the day. I think you deserve an apple pie for that! What a great guy! Oh....those kids are cute, even Dorothy being bored in her car seat.

NDmomma said...

Oh, how I miss E&S Sales! I made trips there every other month! Oddly, I can get the same wheat for about the same price at the big ugly box store here. I'd rather buy from the Amish!