Are you getting sick of these yet? Obviously, it's me doing a puffy-fat-face, and a profile shot, two days shy of hitting 36 weeks. And these photos are great especially because I think that my bathroom mirror is dirty.
I know it looks like it, but I'm not arching my back. I'm pretty enormous. That being said, I'm not quite as huge as I thought I'd be.
I'm still having so-called "contractions", but they seem to be doing nothing. (And really, why were they calling them contractions anyway? Because they were close and regular? I thought all painless conractions were just Braxton Hicks.) The more I think about that whole hospital stay, the more it seems ridiculous.
I had an appointment with Dr. DeStefano today (the OB, not the specialist). He makes me feel so much better about everything. He's been practicing now for, I'm guessing, 20-30 years, so maybe he just knows how to say things to make large, uncomfortable women feel better whether or not it's all true. Even if that's the case, I'll take it.
He had me in for another ultrasound to check on positioning and an umbilical cord doppler. After checking over my charts for a bit, he stopped and said,
"I am really impressed! You're blood pressure, weight gain, uterine fluid levels and babies are all doing really really well. This is great."
This is the part where I sit there glowing like a third grader who got a gold star and a pat on the head. At least if I'm going to feel crappy, I'll do a good job of feeling crappy. It's just the nice thing about appointments with him as opposed to the specialist. He could have easily focused more on things like, oh, say, that I've been having "contractions" for a long time now, and too soon for babies' good. I'm sorry, the specialist is good at what he does-- high risk-- but I like this SO much better.
Really I don't feel all that crappy, I'm okay. It's still just sleeping that's miserable. We'll call it conditioning. : ) Sad day though. Baby B flipped to being breach and slightly transverse. Boo. I feel like I should be more in touch and feel it when big changes like that happen, but really it just feels like one huge party in there, so I can't tell at all. This means that if nothing changes, we're back to a C section. Ugh. But otherwise, everything looks good! I could go into labor soon, or I could not. It's all just a guessing game anyway, huh?
5 comments:
Ugh, Paxton was transverse too. I never heard of many babies being transverse until I had mine. You look great, Janelle. It's getting so close!
I heard Dr. DeStefano is retiring next year... I guess he started practicing on 7/7/77, and is going to retire on 11/11/11. Sad, eh? He's such a fantastic OB.
YOU LOOK FABULOUS! I still can't believe that you have 11+ lbs of baby in there!
Oh Janelle, you are so darling! Best of luck these next few days/weeks?
I'll send some acrobatic thoughts your way. My Texas friend had twins. They flopped and flipped til the bitter end, including while she was in labor. But they were delivered just fine (no C-section).
Love it janel, I'll check from now on and maybe do mown blog. Love dad
Post a Comment