Wednesday, October 6, 2010

More of what she said

Here's some more Dorothy funnies.

-I've been trying to explain some things about having babies in our home to Dorothy. One thing she finds especially hard to grasp is breastfeeding. I don't blame her. For a little girl who has grown up with bottles, that can be a hard concept. We've talked about it a few times, and each time she seems a little puzzled. It had been a few days since our last discussion, and out of the blue, she came up and looked at my chest, and said with absolute authority, no questioning her logic, "Mommy, there are milk bottles in your boobies." I can't wait until she tells people on the playground that one.

-I was listening from the kitchen to Dorothy as she put Baby Doll (that is the doll's name, not a title) down for a nap in her room. Here's how it went.
"Oh, Baby Doll! You need a rest. Is your back killing you? Yes, your back is killing you. Yeah, you need a rest sweet baby." Hmm, where did she learn that one?

-She thinks that when my back hurts that it's because the baby sisters have been kicking my back. I haven't been able to talk her out of that one. It makes sense. She can feel them kicking. Kicking is not a nice thing to do and it hurts people. My back hurts. She connects the dots.


I love this picture (thanks Aunt Valene). Look at that face. Like, really? You're taking a picture of ME? Watch it, lady.

4 comments:

Lanette said...

Hahaha, she is *adorable*! I can definitely see how the breastfeeding is confusing. =)

Meredith Williams said...

What a funny girl!! I wish I could follow her around everywhere!! Hope you are feeling well.....you're almost there!

Nicole said...

That is so fun. She's going to love being a big sister it sounds like. I can't wait to have those kind of conversations with Paxton. They seem funny. : )

Anonymous said...

hello!This was a really brilliant subject!
I come from milan, I was luck to search your theme in wordpress
Also I obtain a lot in your subject really thank your very much i will come later