Dallin came home from a class where they had watched a clip of a famous Shakespearean actor teaching his grandson the Hamlet "To be" speech. We thought, why not try to teach Dorothy? It was a smash hit. She loved it! And she has since added her own dramatic flair. I didn't think she had it memorized enough to say it independently, but I was proven wrong last night at bedtime. I was rubbing her back when she spontaneously started spouting the soliloquy. It went like this.
To be, or not to be. That is the question.
Nobler. Suffer!! Slings and arrows.
TO DIE! to sleep (very quietly and dramatically whispered) no more.
Once we get some good video of this, we'll post it. Our little Bard in training...
5 comments:
Just so you are aware, Dorthy is a prodigy child! And I am proud to call her my niece.
Oh yeah,Do you think she will be in our talent show for our Lewis reunion? I'm penciling her in right now.
Sorry, did not mean to spell her name wrong either! oops!
LOVE it! It's never too soon to start in on those scripture mastery verses, either. ;)
Oh my gosh that is so freaking funny!!
can't wait for the video! what a smart kid!
Post a Comment