Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I am rilly, toetally not making this up!!!!!

Dorothy and I went on an outing to Border's today to finish up some Christmas shopping. After spending a while in book heaven, I decided that I didn't want to go home just yet, so I walked around the shopping center and decided to peek into a little baby boutique (the kind that sells $70 newborn outfits. C'mon- they're just going to poop and spit up on it!) It was a really little shop with only one girl working there, so I made small talk with her and looked around for a minute before an all-business looking police officer walked in and said "OK, what seems to be the problem. I'm responding to a call."
Then the story unfolded. I preteneded to look around more because I was curious. The clerk had been talking to a girl who had brought in her resume. The girl looked around for a while, and was admiring a 100-plus dollar diaper bag. She asked the clerk if they had it in a different color. "I don't know but I can check in the back" said the clerk. When she returned, the girl and the bag were gone. One thing. SHE LEFT HER RESUME!!!! I thought, surely, this is a joke. She put fake info on the resume. Nope. The cop called the number on the resume AND IT WAS THE RIGHT NUMBER!!!! The info on the resume was right! Even down to her address! It sounded like her Mom or a friend answered, because they verified her description and her address.
Wow. I thought shoplifters were stupid, but this reaches a whole new level of stupidity. I am so glad I was there to witness this moment.

3 comments:

anon said...

Wow...

Nicole said...

Yes! I love stories like this! Thanks for posting that.

Kelsey Ann said...

Was it Trendy Tots? I love that store and have tons of bows from there, but they were all given to me so I am not sure that counts. I worked with the owners mother-in-law.
Anyway, thanks for sticking around so I could laugh at this story. It's the best!