Friday, March 28, 2008

"Roofsliding" with sweet accents!

Janelle and I just got back early tonight from seeing a new BYU production, "Roofsliding," and it was fantastic. Set in Scotland somewhere, it bounced through the lives of three neighboring families/couples, as they all tried to hold their lives together and figure out how to stand one another. I was impressed with the performances across the board--especially since everyone had to pull off a Scottish accent. And let me say, it is not as easy as it looks; Janelle and I found this out as we woefully garbled like Willie from "The Simpsons" all the way home (Janelle chimes in: "Speak for yourself, I am the champion." She did do a lot better). And the writing was great--the playwright is a BYU grad student, and I was very impressed. This is the second BYU-produced play that Janelle and I have seen, and we've been blown away by both--last year's "Stuck on the Edge" was amazing. Tons of fun, all thanks to wonderful Meredith and Brian, who forfeited their Friday night tending little Dorothy.

No comments: