We all have the flu, as in the flu. After kidding myself for a few days that this was just a bad cold, I finally took the girls in to the doctor. Who ran tests on their snot. Yep.
Dallin and I are on the mend. The girls are taking longer, but watching lots of PBS in the meantime. Because I'm so bored (and so homebound), I thought I'd document it a bit.
Norah.
Reality.
Ruby.
That's our car under there. Good timing getting sick now kids-- so cold! We couldn't go anywhere anyway. They cancelled school because of just the cold for three days. For 18 hours, nobody was allowed on the roads unless they had a legitimate emergency. If caught on the road, you'd get a ticket. They didn't want anyone to get stuck and freeze to death. I can understand their concern. It got down to -30 degrees Fahrenheit. NUTS. Indiana, you're crazy.
I feel like I should be more upset by the cold, but since I'm stuck inside anyway, it just feels like a unique regional experience. It's kind of cool actually (ha! pun intended). Thank goodness for electricity. I keep thinking about Laura Ingalls.
I feel like I should be more upset by the cold, but since I'm stuck inside anyway, it just feels like a unique regional experience. It's kind of cool actually (ha! pun intended). Thank goodness for electricity. I keep thinking about Laura Ingalls.
Dorothy was the last to hop on board the flu train, but hop on she did.
Rubes.
Norah.
Like I said, the PBS consumption in the house has been epic.

7 comments:
Oh sweet memorable pictures - but so sad to be sick. Convenient it is when you can't get out and Dallin gets to stay home and be part of the sick party!
Oh I'm so sorry. About it all. It has been the most ridiculous winter (and it's still only January).
Poor things. The girls look so sick. Not easy to meet all those needs, but gratefully it came when you couldn't get out anyway.
The reality of your winter was impressive with that picture of your car! Of course, we have no idea what -30 feels like. Crazy!!!
We hope they get well today!!!
Aahh, being sick is the living worst. Hope you all recover soon.
this is so sad! I can't believe the weather you are having! -30?? is that even legal? GET BETTER SOON!!
Sorry to hear everyone is sick. They are still so cute even though they are sick.
oh my goodness! what an experience. so sorry...those girls look so sick...and yet still so cute. like vivienne said! crazy, too, about the weather and roads and tickets! wow. I bet those were quiet, quiet days. Praise PBS! :)
Post a Comment