Monday, November 2, 2009

While Dorothy was in the depths of flu-y-ness, we decided to take the famous "Du Loc" walk around the campus lakes. Mostly, what you can see from the lake trails is dormitories, but they're some of my favorites because it seems like most pictures of Notre Dame don't show them, but they're still so pretty! And I can't believe that all the students live in these!

Here's the creepy forest right across the street that stands between us and Notre Dame. Dallin bravely crosses through daily on his way to school. Even in the dark. So bold and daring.


At the end of the creepy forest is, no joke, a cemetery. It's really old and the crosses over graves actually all say RIP.


Here's the turn-off from the creepy forest trail towards campus. It's gets pretty now. I LOVE these woods, it reminds me of Oregon.


This building is one of my favorites. It's a dormitory and the first building you see coming out of the woods. It just seems like it appears in the forest. Wouldn't it be cool to live there? Yeah, DT was nothing like this.


Dorothy's favorites. The lakes (there are two on campus) have DUCKS! She's in heaven.


The swan.


Another dormitory.


Dorothy held this leaf the whole time.


Cheese(y)!


Another dormitory.


And another dormitory.


D & D. The lake is on the other side of those bushes.


A bench by the lake. We're looking at the ducks again.


Isn't Notre Dame lovely? I'm sad the weather is getting cold, I feel like I haven't seen enough of it yet.

2 comments:

Ondalynn said...

It's beautiful! Thanks for the pics 'cause I've always been curious to see ND's campus. Love you guys.

Nicole said...

Wow the campus seems to ominous but beautiful!